Friday, March 13, 2009

Time Once Again

I'm almost packed up, I'm downloading some visual stimulation (i.e. 30 Rock) for our transit, and in about 13 hours we'll en route to our destination - Antigua, Guatemala (which means 'the old Guatemala', as Antigua is a former site for the capital). I won't bore you with any more mundane details about my day, cause if you're here, that's probably not why. I'm guessing you want some information - real information. Maybe a friend or family member is kickin' it in G-town with us Enon-ites. Well if that's the case, then I'll do my best to provide some link between you and them over the next seven days. Lord willing.

So...for the information. As I understand it, we have 10 people with us, 9 of which went last time. There's Bro. John, Kathy, Randy, Greg, Jeff, Linda, Melissa, Daniel, myself, and Adam G. bring up the rear. We'll be in Antigua, a known tourist hotspot (due largely to ts well-preserved Baroque architecture and ruins... but they also make a mean fried chicken). Our group will be working mainly in a local squatter village and in a poor part of town. Please pray that God would glorify himself in His work of salvation and that our effort to seek out and share with our future brothers and sisters in Christ that good news of a true risen savior would be used by God to strength the church there and elsewhere.

I hope to write again soon. Until then, grace and peace to you from God and Christ.

- Doug

No comments: