Saturday, March 14, 2009

Boo Aeropuerto!

So we made it. It was one exciting trip, let me tell you. We boarded the plane in ATL a little late. No biggie. But after being on the plane for approx 4 or 5 hours, we finally left the airport. Between weather, scheduling, and maintenance issues (our brakes were apparently messed up), we ended up having a little bit of an extended stay in ole GA. But all things considered, we took a trip in under 12 hours that a couple hundred years ago would have taken a year. I Still think we did pretty well.

We know a little bit of the plan. I want to just remind everyone at home that, though we are not working in the safest place in the world (which I believe is actually somewhere in Vermont), we are indeed very safe. The city our hotel is in is legit and our "field" is good as well. So don't worry too much on our account. Let each day worry for itself (Matt. 6).

The plan right now is to go to church tomorrow morning, prayer walk, and attend the evening service and Monday we will be starting work. Adam, Dan, and I will be spending most of the week in the elementary school (since I have a vast catalog of 3 children's songs in Spanish and all). All this while the rest of the crew is working in the village.

Well, my battery is about to die, so I must bid you adieu.

We covet your prayers,

- Doug

No comments: