Friday, February 29, 2008

one mo'e day

Well, it's official. I have less than 24 hours till I am outie. Yesterday I bought the first backpack I've owned since, like, middle school and it's a lot cooler than anything I had in middle school (I think it was the year they made mesh mandatory...is that even still enforced?). So that means I'm ready, in the physical sense that I have all the junk a fat American needs to survive a couple of weeks away from home, greasy food, sweet tea, and the like. But, am I ready spiritually? I don't know.

It has been a crazy week. I have been so busy trying to get ahead on all that I'm missing that Guatemala has not been at the forefront of my mind. I've spent most of this week working on essays and applying for graduate schools. I should be done with those in about enough time to swing by the post office on my way to the airport. I still have a 5 page paper to finish and a conference to lead worship for tonight but after that, I'm worry free.

Keep us in your prayers. I know a lot of us have had a lot going on. But at the same time, God, through friends, good preaching, and scripture, has made His gospel so real to me as of late. There is something that comes with really letting Christ permeate in your conversations and monopolize your thoughts to where the picture of the love He has shown just continues to grow bigger and bigger and become clearer and clearer. I'm not where I need to be, but it is that picture that spurs me on towards a life that, through sanctification, might be appropriately call 'Christ like'.

I love you all. Keep up the prayer,

- doug

p.s. if you're updating your prayer list and have some extra space, I am trying to get into grad school. I'm applying at Union University (for a Master in Christian Studies) and at Liberty University (for a Masters of the Arts in Religion). I'm praying that God will put me wherever He would have me be.

"by this all people will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another" - John 13:35

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hey Doug! I am going to Guatemala on March 8th with Troy University. I went with my church back in September and did the Operation GO! :-D How exciting.. i look forward to hearing more about your trip!! :)